I am a wife, mother and former architect who has a passion for interior design. I love all things modern and contemporary, and when I began shopping for furnishings to decorate our first home fifteen years ago, I struggled to find furniture and decor I loved that was a price I could afford without going into debt.
This blog is for anyone who has ever felt that same struggle to affordably decorate your home, no matter what your design style. I believe it is possible to achieve affordable quality interior design through a combination of inspiration, education, creativity and dedication. I hope this blog can help you in that endeavor!
- I earned a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!)
- I worked for four years in a commercial architecture firm and a commercial interior design/architecture firm
- I have decorated and redecorated our two homes for the past fifteen years
- I have regularly helped family and friends resolve their interior design dilemmas and given them direction on their redecorating projects
- I served as the Publicity Coordinator of a Mothers of Preschoolers group
- I have spent fifteen years (and counting) raising our two children
Along the way, I have learned a lot about the design workflow, budgeting, space planning, material selection, design composition, color selection, DIY projects and problem solving (lots and lots of problem solving). All of which I’d love to share with you!
I am a one-woman show. I do all of the designing, planning, budgeting and most of the implementing of my projects and makeovers myself. I do occasionally beg my husband or my dad for help when I need an extra hand, but I am essentially the brains and the brawn of this here small operation.
my life outside of design
In my free time I enjoy photography, traveling, graphic design, movie watching and reading non-fiction books. But let’s be real, I have very little free time these days.
I have a husband of eighteen years who despite being averse to decorating and DIY projects is a very talented computer engineer and competitive long course swimmer. I love him dearly!
I have a teenage son and a preteen daughter, who is also creative.
I have an adorable but crazy dog who likes to eat and chew everything! Everything!
I am very fortunate to have my retired dad living a mile away from us.
I am a follower of Jesus Christ which enables me to recognize that this home I work so hard on is not the most important thing in my life. My goal is to glorify God in all I do and grow in my relationship with him.
Thanks for stopping by!